Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back to work

I've been back to work for the last week. I'm surprised that it hadn't been too difficult actually. Maybe I was so busy with all the things I had to do in school that I didn't really have time to miss PP. Then again, as Hubb would say," you are only in school for half a day what.. " Really, I think the main thing was that I DIDN'T have time to miss PP. The hours in school were divided between meetings, markings, breakfasts (this I like), pumpings. And the hours just flew by.

I must say that PP has been very well taken care of. I'm glad that he doesn't have any bad habits that are usually associated with kids taken care of by grandparents (due to over-pampering). He sleeps well and feeds fairly well.

Tomorrow is another school day again. I dread having to wake up so early in the morning and drag myself to school. I just do not get enough sleep that I'm usually sleepy by 10-11am in the morning. I still have a lot of work to do in school.. urgh..

I realise that I do like working. I enjoy the kind of stimulation I get from working. I guess it keeps me from becoming stupid. :) It's just that I have I have so little time with PP when I'm working. By the time we get back home, we have so little time to squeeze in playing, and reading to him. Everything has to be done is such a rush. It is either that or we are just too tired to do anything with him by then. I feel very bad when this happens, especially now that PP is becoming so alert and responsive. Sometimes I wonder if we are actually the bottleneck in his development. If we had more time with him, will we be able to read to him more, play with him more, help him in his development more?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...