Friday, December 19, 2008

Project Clean Up House

We've been back from Shanghai for a week already but I still haven't found the time to really blog about it. So what have been busy with? 

We've been trying to clear up clutter in the house and started this project before we left for Shanghai and we are now frantically trying to complete Project Clean Up House before Christmas next week. 

Stuff that have either been completed or going to be attended to include:


Bought new shelves to house all the stuff lying around the study and the guest room. Things that we use all the time will be put onto these shelves. My scrapbooking stuff takes up 2 shelves out of the 15 there.


In order to move me out of his space (cos he says that I clutter the table), we've gotten another table and put it in the other side of the room. And because I use the iMac most of the time now (and he got himself a macbook), it now sits on my table!! :D I love the little extendable table on the right side! Gives me extra space when I need it!

The last thing to be done is to really clear out the guest room to convert it into the boys room. We've cleared out most of the things in there already. The biggest item, which was the queen sized bed was given to our neighbour, and that really freed up a lot of space in the room. In order to properly empty the room, we had to throw things out from our storeroom (bomb shelter) to make space for the stuff that cluttered the guest room. I guess all is good cos we were just throwing and throwing. We followed the "if you didn't think about/know/use it in the last 5 years, chances are it's never ever going to be used". Once we did that, we found that we really had a lot of room in the store. All our suitcases can now go into the store!

Once the guest room is cleared out, I've got to give it a good cleaning and move in the little toddler bed that sis is giving me. Also, we will move the playpen in there as Fer's bed for a while before we shift the cot over. We figure it's gonna be tough getting Kieran to sleep with Fer in their own room. Wish us luck!

On top of cleaning up the house, I also spent about 2 days compiling the photos of our trip on iPhoto to send for printing. Hopefully it'll be ready by Christmas eve. And, I've got to start preparing work stuff!! :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...