Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whatcha sayin' Babe?

Kiefer's speech and vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds everyday. He adds on so many words to his vocabulary and says so many new things everyday that I'm finding it hard to keep up. Even as I type this post, I am thinking that I will not be able to recall every little new word or phrase that he has recently started using.

He started by calling almost everyone "mama" a couple of months ago. Mostly, he just yells "mama!" whenever he needs anything. Over time, he managed to evolve the "mama" into "mama" or sometimes "ah ma" for grandma and "ma-my" for mummy! :) He knows how to call almost everyone, i.e. Kor Kor, Daddy, Gong Gong (tho it does sound a little like Kor kor sometimes), Po-po, yi yi, Gu Gu, jie jie.

Some of the words in his speech:
car
watch
house
bag
shoe
water
ball
school (s-kool)
turtle, giraffe, zebra, lion, bird, hippo (pa-po), rhino

He is also attempting phrases and often string words together:
mummy's bag
mummy's shoe
kor kor school
red car
blue car

On the whole, I think this little boy is really talking a lot!! We remember Kieran speaking a lot less at the same age. I guess being the younger child does have its effects. Kiefer needed to express himself a lot more and "fight" for more attention unlike Kieran, who being the only one for the longest time, never needed to really ask for anything. Whatever the case is, I'm really happy that this little boy is speaking up so much and that I know that I'll soon miss this kiddy mispronunciations once he masters his speaking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...