Saturday, May 14, 2011

Frenulum Laceration

Kieran hit his mouth last night when we were having dinner. I didn't think it was too big a deal as he didn't cry or anything. I just said opps, and he said oops, and that was it. It was only when we got home, and we were having a yelling match over the milk (yes, the drink from the cup battle again) that he complained that his mouth hurt. I remembered that he knocked his mouth and so I took a look, thinking that he may have cut his lip. Well, he did cut something. It was not his lip but the frenulum. That's the little bit of flesh that connects the lip to the gums. It looked as though someone took a pair of scissors and took a snip!! It actually looked quite scary. I was worried what if it doesn't heal back. Anyway, I called up our trusty family doctor and he said that it'll heal on its own in about a week or so. Well, just for the information of anyone who wants an idea of how a lacerated frenulum looks like, here's a link. I'll just have to check on his mouth everyday and brush his teeth for him, just so that he doesn't injure it further.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...