Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hermès - The Gift of Time


Brought the kids (and cousins) to the Hermès Gift of Time exhibition at the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station. It is a small exhibit with installations meant to define time.


The one exhibit that I really liked was a little room filled with little quotes in different languages, what time may mean.



photo source: Fashion Slop
 Kiefer took this picture. I like how it looks from his perspective. This was a top spinning and a tea set for six. I like that it shows the precision of time and that time hangs at a balance.


The highlight of the days visit (at least for the kids) definitely had to be the visit to the railway tracks itself. Part of the tracks is still left in place and the boys had a great time hopping up and down the wooden track pieces. And not forgetting to mention, those 2 cloth pouches were given free at the exhibit and it would be the closest I'll ever get to a Hermès bag!





There were old school stalls set up at the station selling old school snacks. There was a popsicle stand from Popaganda and another one selling biscuits and sweets.

That's Pa. This photo captures what he likes to do best. Eat.

The kids with Uncle John playing an old school game. Can't remember what it is called. Ain't it nice that you don't see any iPhones around? 

 Game of four stones. Actually it is five stones. Someone was holding on to the last stone.

Old school sweets but not at old school prices. I remember buying these at 10c for 3 when I was little.

Remember Tora? I don't really really like them, but I do remember buying them a couple of times when I was still in primary school.

All the children plus 外公 and 外婆.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...