Thursday, November 13, 2008

More on sweet potato intolerance

Though sweet potato is usually suggested as a suitable starting food (low allergenicity risk) for weaning babies onto solids, there ARE incidences of intolerances and allergies!!

Read this  blog article on sweet potato intolerance. This lady also googled like I did and I read all the articles that she read as well!! Ha. Aren't mothers similar?!

I am going to try it with Fer again this weekend to confirm. Hubby said it was simply because I gave him too much!

Another useful article on weaning here!

Foods that Kiefer has tried and has no adverse reactions to:
  1. Rice cereal (Nestle)
  2. Avocado
  3. Pears (Earth's Best)
  4. Peach (Gerbers)
As far as possible, I give Fer homemade foods, but if I use bottles, I'll try to give either Earth's Best or Healthy Times. But these 2 brands are not really easy to buy (i.e. NTUC don't really carry them, so far I bought them from Market Place). These were the brands that I gave Kieran the last time and they are organic with no added stuff. Great stuff but expensive here though. The last time, we bought most of the bottled foods when we were in the US. And since we are not going this year, I've got to buy them locally and this means more $$ and less variety. :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...