Monday, January 05, 2009

Gastroenteritis.. blah..

Been suffering from a bout of gastroenteritis (or at least I think that it is) all weekend. Started with pains that spread all the way to the back on Saturday and the runs (bad ones) on Sunday. It got so bad that I felt myself dehydrating and because I really had to appetite to eat, my blood sugar went down really low I think. Combined with the dehydration, I think my blood pressure went down as well, so much so that I actually blacked-out in the bathroom after one of LS episode and knocked my head on the wall. Lucky thing was I didn't lose consciousness, and still managed to get out of the bathroom and yelled for Hubby. Figured that I really lost too much water (plus I was BFing Fer I guess), I got Hubb to go buy the rehydration salts and started to hydrate myself. At first I thought that it was just a case of food poisoning, but I came down with the fever in the night, thus I guess it would be an infection of some sort.

Today is slightly better. Still can't do plain water, the water that goes in comes out in about 10 minutes. The rehydration mix is better, at least the water stays in. Still having some runs, but much lesser. Tummy cramps every now and then but all is good.

Didn't go see a doctor and self-medicated. Tried Dhamotil, but that didn't really stop the runs After 3 doses, I decided not to continue anymore in case I wind up with constipation. Bought Lacteol-Fort. I think this really works. The runs stopped after the first sachet. I guess probiotics the way to treat diarrhoea huh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...