Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Dun wanna stop...

Feeling just so reluctant and sad to eventually stop nursing Kiefer (and really soon). :( Maybe it's the thought that he'll be our last baby to nurse and that I'm not going to enjoy that feeling anymore. I'm glad that I kept at it for so long and yes, it's true, Kiefer is really quite close to me. :D And he is 14 months old today! This means that he's been breastfed just a little longer than Kieran (and i'm kinda proud of this little achievement!!) However, with the current H1N1 situation, I had intended to continue with nursing him but it seems that the supply is really running low. I am only latching him 2x a day, before bed and early in the morning. I know that he is not drinking much early in the morning anymore, and the bedtime feed, I have to supplement with about 2oz of formula even after he nurses. So I guess this is *almost* it. I still have about 2 weeks supply of EBM in the freezer, so I guess *THE* end of all breastmilk drinking will come sometime in 2-3 weeks time.

Here's his feeding schedule usually:
6am - BF
730/8am - Breakfast (cereal)
930am - EBM 120ml
12pm - Lunch
230pm - Formula 150ml
6pm - Dinner
9pm - BF + Formula (60ml)
AND... loads of sneaking food from everyone in between!!! :P

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...