Monday, July 20, 2009

of peeing and markers..

We've been trying to get Kieran to go off diapers for a while. However, the effects seem sporadic. We didn't really actively train, we took more of the "when-he-is-ready-he-will-do-it" approach. Kieran has always been very much a rather routine person. So he figures that he will only go diaperless at home and diapers to school. In the last couple of weeks, we've managed to get him to go diaperless even when we go out and usually when I bring him to the toilet every 1 hour or so, he stays dry. I don't think he really understands the need to go pee sensation yet. But I guess he is improving. It so happened that we were out at Marina Square that day and I kept asking if he needed to go to the bathroom and he kept saying no. And about 2 minutes after he said no to me, he peed on the floor in front of the counter at Sakae Sushi. :( We had to clean up the mess and I had forgotten to take the spare pair of shorts out from the car. Thus he had to change into diaper pants and since no shorts, he had to wear my long Cotton On cardi!! He was really embarassed about it (which was great!) but at the same time, he thought it was funny to wear a long shirt. He kept wanting to pull it down and button everything cos if not "everyone will see" :P

The story's not finished! The next day, we went out to IMM and again the same thing happened. I kept asking if he needed to go toilet and he kept saying no. And 2 minutes after I last asked, he peed on the floor again. This time, to teach him the lesson, we refused to change him out of his wet shorts and briefs. He was whining and crying about his "wet wet shorts" and how "people will see". Though I brought him to the toilet to try to pee again (immediately after he peed on the floor), but there was nothing already. We walked all the way back to the car in his wet shorts, him whining and crying. After which the daddy asked if he understood. He said yes and he was wrong and then we changed him. I hope this episode stays cos this little fella often learns when something big like that happens. (see lift episode: will post this one another time!) At least something good has come out of this, he wore briefs to school today!! :D


so.. what about the markers?
Kiefer sucked an entire Ikea blue marker till the tip turned white!! :( I hoped everything passed out of his system as he had a few episodes of wet stools yesterday. I googled around and yes, loads of toddler ate markers and crayons as snacks!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...