Friday, August 25, 2006

Is there life after baby?

It seems that my life (and blog) just revolves around K these days. What to do? I'm a mother!! Nonetheless, I have to constantly remind myself that I am also a wife to the most wonderful husband that a girl can have.

I don't think I've been a fantastic wife ever since K was born. The house is in a mess, every conversation that Hubb has with me is either about how much milk K is drinking, how much I'm expressing, how many times K pooped/peed. I think I need to give a little more Hubby time! He's really fantastic though. He rushes home from school just to be with baby and me, knowing that I stay at home the entire day, he'll bring us out even though he's dead tired! So, here's a big !HUGZ! to the most wonderful Hubby and Daddy around!!

I never thought I'll be this happy, staying at home, going through cycles of feeding, bathing and diapering a baby. I used to want to excel in my career, have loads of other things. Guess my piorities have changed. I am content now. Kieran has brought me a new happiness that didn't existed before. It's a tiring job, but more satisfying than any other in the world.

I love seeing his gummy, drooly smile
I love catching hints of everyone I know in his baby face.
I love the way he smiles at me after being naughty, as though saying, sorry Mummy, I'm just having fun with you.
I love his gurgles and coos, especially when he makes appropriate sounds at appropriate moments, that stumps us and cracks us up.
I just love it that he's our baby!

And yes, there's still life after baby. Just that it's a different life. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...