Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No! (to diaper)

Kieran refused to wear diaper this morning. He wanted to wear a specific shirt and NO diapers. At first he didn't even want to put on shorts! I managed to convince him into wearing shorts, and told him that he needed to tell me if he needed to pee. I tried getting him to pee into his potty before putting him into shorts, again he refused. I wasn't going to force him to do so as I am a big worrier of backfiring. So, 5 mins after being in his shorts only, I heard a yell and crying in the living room. There he was, standing in a puddle of pee, afraid to move and pee trickling down his leg. I think he thought that he was going to get a spanking already. So I did the textbook way, told him it is ok, whisked him off to the bathroom to clean up and showed him the potty again.

This is the part where I become inconsistent. I think I am not ready to go cold turkey of being diaperless yet. After we cleaned up, I put him in diaper pants instead of tape diapers. I think I should have continued with the shorts and cleaned the house up a few more times, since he initiated the diaperless move. Too late now. Guess I'll psych myself to try going diaperless cold turkey tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...