Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Having fun with the boys.

My days have fallen into some kind of routine (which is good for the boys). Kiefer wakes up at about 9ish usually for his milk and then Kieran will wake up closer to 10am. Thus I usually get up a little earlier and that's when I get to surf the internet a little, then try to get some stuff ready for lunch. Lunch time is usually jam-packed for me. I either feed Kieran his lunch then feed Kiefer or sometimes when the timing is right, I'll get to feed Kiefer and then Kieran. After which both the boys usually settle down for their afternoon nap. 

Kieran nowadays can sleep for a stretch of 1-2hours. Maybe this is due to Kiefer sleeping next t0 him. Kieran has always needed someone to sleep with him, if not he'll wake up after a max of about 1hr. So this 1-2hr break in the afternoon is really precious to me. I'll either get back online, do some digital scrapping, some regular scrapping or if I am tired, I'll just nap with the boys.  I don't usually do housework with this time.. haha.. it's too precious to be wasted like that. Laundry is done usually in the morning before the boys wake or evenings when Les is home. Same goes with vacuuming the floor. Having said that, I think my vacuum cleaner's busted! :(

Yesterday, Kieran woke up and the first thing he said was "pain pain" and he pointed to his lip.
Today he pointed to this photo me les, me and josh and said, air-crem. At first I thought he was saying "aeroplane" but there was no aeroplane in the photo, the I realised he said "ice-cream" that's another new 2-syllable word that he can manage now. Then just now, as he was throwing a tantrum, he said "outside" and "inside" with the correct usage of both the words!! Usually he uses the same words for both the opposite meanings, like "open" (which he pronounces as "a-pen") for unbuckling his seat belt as well as to buckle, to open doors as well as to close doors.

Anyway, here's something silly about buckling and unbuckling seat belts. As Kieran is really small, most of his pants cannot fit well at the waist. So I bought him a belt to tighten things up. The other day, we went to a restaurant where the high-chairs didn't come with seat belts. Usually we belt him down so that he will not stand up in the chair when he fusses. That day, there was no belt and at the end of the meal, he whined for us to "open, open" and he tried standing up but he couldn't. He flipped his shirt up (usually the seat belt buckles get covered by his shirt at the end of a meal), held on to his belt's buckle and asked us to open. Hahah, he thought that that buckle for the seat belt's buckle!! And psychologically, he just couldn't stand up!! HAHAHA.. so after the episode, whenever we go to a place where the high chairs have no belts, we'll still belt him up with an imaginary belt whenever his has his own waist belt on!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...