Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the WHEEL (& Week #2 @ Preschool!)

Went on the Singapore Flyer on Saturday. Was supposed to be a "reward" of sorts for Kieran for attending a week of school. Ha. Was going to bring him swimming in the morning but it was drizzling and cold, and as teachers, we had complimentary passes to the flyer and so off we went! By the way, Kieran calls it the "wheel" cos Singapore Flyer proves to be too much of a mouthful for him. Also, it just looks like a wheel to him!



To prevent the "dowan to go school" syndrome after a weekend, we brought Kieran to school on Saturday morning, pretending to show Daddy his school. We had to act disappointed that school was closed that day. Haha! On Sunday, I attended Sunday class with him. He clung on to me throughout the entire session. The tactic seemed to work because it seemed easier for him to go to school and on Tuesday, he walked in himself, parked his bag and just went about his business. No crying, nothing. And I thought all was good until today, he didn't want to wear his uniform in the morning and cried when I handed him over to his teachers. However, I think he was just trying his luck. Cos the crying stopped after only about a minute or less. Once I was out of the door, I peeped in, he was being carried and not crying anymore! We'll see what happens tomorrow.  He always seems happy when he sees me at the end of his school day. And when I ask him about school, it is always "syess!" So I guess while he is there, he really enjoys himself. But my poor baby is paying the sleep debt of having to wake up early. Today, he almost fell asleep on the way home and it was 1140am!! And poor thing, he didn't even get to drink his milk cos the bottle somehow leaked and he had milk all over him!!

I've gotta think of a new strategy for tomorrow. Think I'll wake him up earlier and get him to take a shower. It is usually easier to get him to change after a shower. He has this thing for staying in his PJs. I don't think it's just the uniform, I think it's getting him to wear anything else other than his PJs with his smell from the entire night.. ha.

Anyway, since we have complimentary passes till the end of the month, I think we'll go on the flyer again this weekend. With the lousy economy, it's time to save money and go for cheap (or better still, free) entertainment!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...